8.12.2010

If I don't do this now, it might not ever happen

I'm writing. Right now. I don't care if it is crap and I don't care if I don't have anything to say. I'm doing it. I haven't been doing much consistently these days, unless you count overeating and oversleeping. Or undersleeping. My issue is bedtime. I can't sleep. I've gotten on this funky schedule where my body won't calm down until around 3 or 4 am. I'm reading on the couch until then. When it's time to get up in the morning, I just use the excuse that I didn't sleep until a few hours ago. So I sleep until 11. Or noon. It's gross.

But tomorrow I must get up and get ready and be at the City Hall before 10 a.m. in order to get my visa renewed. I hope it will be a painless process. But then, I get to go to the post office downtown to pick up the package that my mom sent me that includes all my Billy Collins poetry collections and some more Mary Oliver. That will nourish my soul for a few days! Good poetry is always a good reason to get out of bed. (Please call me and tell me this tomorrow at 8.) I've also scheduled a sweet tea making on the agenda because Saturday Kenny and I are planning to head to Gangneung once more, devour Kraze Burger burgers, and hang out at the beach. And really, what's a day at the beach without sweet tea?

Running? I was doing well. Until I hit week 5 and I had an amazing day 1 run. Then, I found all sorts of excuses and this is my third week not running. So this weekend, I should start over.

Vlogging? Yes. It's the only thing I'm doing consistently and I'm holding onto it for dear life because it's the only thing I've accomplished in so long. I said I would vlog every day in August, and I know it's only been 12 days, but I've done it. Every. Single. Day. Almost halfway through.

I get paid tomorrow. Yesssssss.

This post is stupid and it doesn't mean anything. But I. Don't. Care. It's something I wrote. It's a start. I'm going to stop letting lethargy and laziness run my life. It's my life. I'm in charge here. So if I say write, then I'm gonna write.

I have written.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Blog Widget by LinkWithin