12.09.2009

"An Award of Some Sort"


So there was this one time... when I got an award. I lived off my blog award high for days, I tell you. Well, last night was pretty much a repeat of the last time, only I had a husband to yell at, so I didn't have to squueeeee only to myself and my computer screen. So, when I saw Amber's comment, I shouted, "I got an award! I got an award! I got an award!" until Kenny finally came into the office to see what I was going on about. 


And then I told the new girl at work that I got an award. And she was seriously impressed, let me tell you. And then I told her it was for my blog. And she said, "Oh, cool," but her face was like, "I can't believe you're actually talking out loud about the Internet and that's the 5th time today so maybe you should get a real life and stop promoting yourself and bragging about your ridiculous blog." 
So, I gave her this look that was like, "Whatev. My blog is so totally cool and now I'm going to make you my friend on Facebook so you have to see all my links to my blog and you won't have any excuse not to read it in between classes." 
And then she gave me this look with the side of her face that said, "I'm not looking at you anymore because we're at work and I am a productive part of this establishment and I actually do work here. Unlike you." 
And I was all, "Dang, she's doing work. Maybe I should do work. Or, I could just look at the Internet some more. Or eat a hamburger." 
So, basically, I announced my award to two people. And that just wasn't enough. So, I'm announcing it here, too. Which I am required to do, by blog law, actually. 
The Honest Scrap Blog Award Laws: 



1) List 10 HONEST, personal (or bizarre? interesting?) things about yourself that you wouldn't normally tell people (except maybe your husband because he has to pretend to listen to this kind of stuff for free?)

2) Pass this award on to 10 other bloggers that you love to read & think others should too.

3) Tell your friends to check out the award giver's blog: So, I got this awesome love-handle-warming (yeah, the love handles are back, my friends, sorry to spring that on you) award from the lovely Amber, who is obviously awesome because her blog opens with a Kurt Vonnegut quote. 

My list of 10 Honest Things You May or May Not Be Aware Of

1. I am lazy when it comes to personal hygiene. Not like showers and stuff (most of the time), but little stuff like making sure I don't have a unibrow, or cutting the dagger toenails, or moisturizing, or shaving my legs. In fact, I can't remember the last time I shaved my legs. Maybe in August? Hmm.....

2. I don't know how to cook. Seriously. Grilled cheese is my specialty. It makes my life more stressful. 

3. I desperately want to Save Tibet. But I haven't figured out how to get around China yet. 

4. I'm tired of generalizations about Korea. Just all around over it. 

5. I go through productive and then incredibly unproductive phases at work. I will work really hard for two weeks and get my stuff together for real. I will have thoroughly thought-out lesson plans and activities. Then, I will go for a week without doing crap. I will use all my breaks to eat donuts, drink coffee, fart around on the Internets, and generally dread my classes. I know that these weeks make my life harder, but it's like I can't be on point all the time. 

6. I dream of having my own talk show on Korean TV. Where I speak perfect Korean and get to interview whoever the heck I want. Plus also, I will have an excuse to hang out with G-Dragon. 

7. I think 10 things is a bit excessive.

8. I get really depressed when I look at myself in the mirror and know that to fix what I see I will have to exercise for the rest of my life. It's extremely overwhelming. 

9. Miso likes to sniff at my bellybutton. 

10. I want to go to bed at the same time every night and wake up at the same time every morning. I think having a sleep routine would be glorious. 

Okay. So, number one and number three are taken care of. Now onto the part where I obligate other bloggers to take part in these shenanigans. 
1. Even Pretty Girls Need to Read. I love Claire's blog. She's thoughtful, always blogging from under stacks of library books, and has what I think is a pretty levelheaded approach to this whole Twilight craziness. 
2. Writing to Reach You. Ashley is a strawberry (what is it with everyone calling everyone a peach? I don't even like peaches. But I loooooove strawberries. So, strawberry it is!) and her writing is consistently vulnerable, honest, and inspiring. I can't imagine how great she must be in real life. 
3. @koreangov. This is satire at its best. Like this. And this. Maybe it's only funny if you live in Korea?
4. The Bloggess. Jenny is as honest as it gets. And she's scrappy, let me tell you. Mom, don't click this one, okay?
5. Life is a Marathon. Melanie is my real life friend. She already knows all those honest things above and she still hangs out with me. So, she's a total strawberry (not a peach, because like I said, I don't like peaches). And she has a cat, Tucker. So she understands about obsessive cat-loving behavior. And she runs a lot. And when I read about her long runs, I feel so tired. It's like exercising through the Internet, for real. 
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

Honestly, I'm tired. It's my bedtime. And I can't be bothered to bother 10 people. So, the 5 of you will have to suffer all by yourselves. 

Belated acceptance speech: I'd like to thank my husband for listening to me talk incessantly about the Internet and the people who live there that I love. Also, I'd like to thank Miso and Bo for not charging any sort of fee and allowing their image to be reproduced as many times as I feel like it. 

Love you all! Good night!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Blog Widget by LinkWithin