10.19.2009

A Break

Hi guys. Things have slowed down considerably over here at Wonju Wife. Mostly because real life has sped up. We're nearing the end of the semester at school, apparently I have way too many ideas to do a good job on any of them, and I'm still a wife and a friend and a coffee drinker. If I didn't have a job, I could blog to my heart's content. But, I gotta make that money honey. I have a few things in the works that I'd like to post sometime this week, because I had a blast with my friend Angie who came to stay for the weekend. However, I've got to get some other stuff done first.

For one, I'm rereading the first four Harry Potter's (on #3 now) and then reading the rest that I never got to. I've been rereading all my childhood favorites from the school library, mostly because I can't afford my book-buying addiction anymore. Me and the HubbO sat down (okay, mostly the HubbO because my math is atrocious) and figured out our new budget until the end of the year. Let me just say, my daily iced caramel macchiato habit is in danger. It's going to be tough for a bit, because I'm an expert at spending money. I mean, it's not like I took any classes in it, but I'm qualified for a degree. But I'm also excited about the challenge presented.

I've recently been inspired by my good friend Melanie, who just shaved 20 minutes off her PR time in her 5th marathon! I loved following her training plan, reading about her long runs, her breaks, and then her ultimate triumph at Chicago last weekend. It's nice to have friends who are amazing people and achieve their dreams consistently through determination, hard work, and I hate to say it... planning! I've got to get some planning into my life. So, we've planned a budget, we've planned a book, I've planned... well, other stuff. So, let's see if I can get busy making that stuff happen!

I also have to quit expecting to be perfect. It's the most disappointing and ridiculous part of my personality, always expecting the impossible. I am not perfect, and that's perfectly fine. It's okay, really. I AM OKAY. I will always have something to work on. There will not be a day when I look at myself and think, "Hmm... I think I'm done!" But for now, I will work toward my goals and remember that I'm okay.

Bear with me through the dry spot!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Blog Widget by LinkWithin